Few athletes have made an impression on their sport like Colorado-based Scott Jurek has made on the demanding sport of ultra marathon running.
Scott has led the sport with some amazing performances including multiple wins and course records. Ultramarathon running starts at the distances beyond the standard marathon of 26.2 miles (42km), while Scott has excelled up to 246k.
Career highlights include
- winning Western States 100 mile endurance run seven times
- winning Millwok 100k three times
- becoming the first American winner of the Spartathon (246k), before winning a second time
- winning Leona Divide 50 Mile four times
- setting ten ultramarathon course records
- winning at least 24 ultramarathons between 77km and 246km
- setting the American 24 hour record with a run of 165.7 miles.